MacQueen Bros Mid Argyll Sprint Triathlon
Sunday 24th September 2023 - MACPool, Lochgilphead
500m Pool Swim - Fast 21km Cycle - Flat 6km Run
Proud winners of Triathlon Scotland's Inspirational Event of the Year 2018, the MacQueen Bros Mid Argyll Triathlon aspires to be a sporting event which promotes local community participation balanced with the right degree of sporting competition. This provides an opportunity for novices to line up with some of the best age group triathletes from across Scotland. Affiliated to TriathlonScotland, the national body for triathlon in Scotland, the event is now a regular fixture on the national events calendar.
Arguably the biggest multi sport event in Mid-Argyll, the MacQueen Bros Mid Argyll Triathlon is always expected to sell-out, so if you want to be on the start line, then get your entry in promptly.
Run by a small but dedicated committee, the event is centred at the Mid Argyll Community Pool in Lochgilphead and the organisers welcome all entrants, whether individual or team entry.
Race Results & Records:
- Adult Male: Andrew McGhee, Glasgow Tri Club, 01:04:00 (2012)
- Adult Female: Emma Lamont, Fusion Tri Club, 01:13:12 (2010)
- Adult Team: “Mid-Argyll All Stars”, Mid Argyll Tri & Cycle Club, 01:04:39 (2015)
- Junior Male: Toby Corner, Inveraray, 01:14:53 (2009)
- Junior Female: Jennifer Lyne, Fusion Tri Club, 01:22:23 (2015)
- Junior Team: “The A Team”, Ardrishaig/Lochgilphead, 01:20:31 (2009)
Special and massive thanks to MacQueen Bros. Removal & Logistics as our main sponsor, together with Midton Acrylics, Scottish Canals, Riverside Garage & the Co-op Lochgilphead for their support and sponsorship, and too all the volunteers and marshals who ensure the event's success on the day.